About Ayjoomixw Concepts Consulting (ACC)
ACC's priority is the support of Aboriginal communities and economies.
We take a two-pronged approach.
- We work with Aboriginal communities and business entities to develop projects that meet the often varied objectives of Aboriginal economic development. These objectives include financial success but also community health, environmental stewardship, social wellbeing and cultural prosperity.
- We support industry in the development of positive relationships with Aboriginal communities through understanding of and respect for the priorities of these communities, while pursuing corporate goals such as project certainty, social licensing and financial success.
We are Aboriginally and family-owned and located on Sliammon Indian Reserve No. 1 north of Powell River, BC. The Principal Partner is QWASTeNAYe (L. Maynard Harry) of the Sliammon First Nation.
Ayjoomixw means "good, clear ground" in the Tla'amin (Sliammon) language. It is the traditional place name for the area now known as Powell River, BC. Ayjoomixw Concepts is located in Sliammon just north of Powell River.
We offer experience in Aboriginal political leadership paired with an extensive background in Aboriginal title and rights (also crown land referrals) and business development. Our team also offers expertise in Aboriginal relations working with and for industry.
We provide the capacity needed to:
- develop your business concept from pre-feasibility to evaluation with you;
- develop your corporate relations strategy;
- develop your Aboriginal relations strategy; and
- assist you in the development of relationships in sync with regulatory processes and other project specific requirement.